Skip to main content Start main content

Work-on-Campus Scheme

The Work-on-Campus Scheme provides work opportunities for PolyU students to work as part-time student assistants on campus. PolyU departments/offices that are interested in recruiting student assistants please submit the Job Request Form on PolyU Job Board.

How does it work?

How does it work?

For Hiring Departments/Offices

  • To publicise job opportunities, submit the Job Request Form. CPS will place the job advertisements on PolyU Job Board and in our Weekly Reminder emails to students. A minimum of two weeks’ advance notice is required.
  • Applications will be sent to the hiring departments/offices directly so that they can contact applicants for interview arrangements.
  • When the selections are confirmed, the hiring departments/offices coordinate with the Human Resources Office (HRO) and arrange for appointment letters to be sent to the successful applicants. A timesheet of work record is required by the hiring departments/offices for monthly payroll calculations by the Finance Office (FO).
  • We highly encourage that the hiring departments/offices provide on-the-job supervision, support and performance feedback to student helpers to enhance their career readiness.


For Student Job Seekers

  • To search for job opportunities, login to PolyU Job Board > “Find a Job”> “Job Type” > “Work-on-Campus Scheme by CPS”.
  • Complete the Application Form and submit it to the hiring departments/offices directly.
  • Make a good preparation for the job requirements as listed by the hiring department/office and attend the interview.
  • If the hiring department/office offers you the job, you have to confirm with it, along with the work schedules and appointment documents.
  • We do not recommend you work for more than 18 hours in total per week, otherwise your study would be adversely affected.



  • The Scheme is open to all PolyU full-time sub-degree/undergraduate students as well as postgraduate students in taught programmes, including local and international students* (excluding exchange students) whose study period is not less than one academic year.
  • * “International students” refer to students from all places of origin who require a student visa/entry permit to study at PolyU. The Immigration Department of the HKSAR government has strict rules regarding international students’ employment during study period. Please click HERE for the “Additional Notes for Holders of Student Visa/Entry Permit taking Part-time On-campus Employment as announced by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR government.



  • The rate of remuneration is generally HK$80/hour (effective for appointments from 27 September 2023).
  • Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) is applicable for employments longer than 59 calendar days.


WIE Fulfilment

If you would like to work as a part-time student helper to fulfil your WIE requirements, you should obtain endorsement/approval from your department, following the normal WIE approval procedures.


If you have any enquiries, please contact Miss Jenny Chou at for assistance.


Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.

You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here