You need to submit your student visa application by post, together with the following documents to the Immigration Department via the Academic Registry at least 8 weeks before you resume your study.
- Duly completed student visa application form ID995A (see sample) with:-
- One recent passport-size photo (55 x 45 mm) adhered to the relevant page of the student visa application form;
- A copy of your travel document(s)* or identity document(s):
- For students from Chinese Mainland: Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (EEP) (front and back sides);
- For students from Macao: Macao Identity Card (front and back pages) and Visit Permit for residents of Macao to HKSAR;
- For students from Taiwan: Recent Taiwan Household Registration Record (front and back pages), Taiwan Identity Card (front and back pages) and passport;
- For students not from the Chinese Mainland, Taiwan nor Macao: Passport
- A copy of financial proof(i.e. a recent bank statement indicating that you have enough money to cover the tuition fees and living expenses for one year of study in Hong Kong). If the financial proof is not under your name, your sponsor is required to provide a written consent testifying that he/she will provide financial support to your study in Hong Kong. In this case, a copy of your sponsor's passport (including the signature page) should be provided; and
- An explanation if you cannot complete your study within the normal duration of the programme
* Please make sure that your travel document is valid for at least one year. For students from Chinese Mainland, you should check the validity of your EEP.
Part-time students are required to provide the following documents in addition:-
To avoid unnecessary delay in the processing of your visa application, please provide all the required supporting documents to the following address in one go.
The Academic Registry Service Centre
Room M101, Li Ka Shing Tower,
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
Hung Hom, Kowloon.
[Please mark "Visa Application (Student Name & No.)" on the envelope]
Upon receipt of all the above documentsfrom you, the Academic Registry will submit your application to the Immigration Department. It normally takes 8 weeks for processing your application. The Immigration Department will not be able to start processing the application unless all the required documents and information have been received. Please refrain from making enquiries about the progress of the application unless it is absolutely necessary, as it may delay the processing of the application. A visa fee of HK$600 will be charged for each application. You are required to settle this fee later.
If your visa application is successful, the Academic Registry will send you the visa label/entry permit issued by the Immigration Department by express post together with the other relevant information, if any. (Please read Q4 above for steps to activate your student visa.)
For enquiry on visa extension, please contact the Academic Registry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.