The University Research Facility in Life Sciences is pleased to introduce an addition of the Covaris ME220 Focused-ultrasonicator.
The Covaris ME220 focused-ultrasonicator uses the Adaptive Focused Acoustics (AFA) technology for sample preparation. It combines the integration of proprietary high-performance control electronics, medical-grade transducers, and custom-engineered acoustical cuvettes to reproducibly convert focused high-frequency acoustic energy into mechanical force in a tightly-defined region of the sample tube. It allows a temperature-controlled, non-contact and closed vessel environment to process samples with high-power acoustic energy, and gives traceable, highest quality, reproducible results.
Features and Applications:
- Operating temperature programmable from +6.0 °C to +40.0 °C
- Sample volumes: 15µl to 1ml
- Batch Size: 1 to 8 samples
- DNA/RNA extraction for NGS
- Extraction of complex cell-free DNA from blood plasma
- Mechanical shearing of DNA/RNA/chromatin for NGS
- Biomarker (nucleic acids, small molecules and peptides) extraction
- Cell lysis (mammalian, bacterial, yeast, etc.)
- Tissue lysis and extraction
Please refer to the ULS website for more information of the system.
For training session or other inquiry, please contact Dr. Ryan Chow (Tel: 34008057; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you very much for your attention.