ULS has kicked off the migration of the online booking system to University Research Facility Management System (URFMS, https://urfms.polyu.edu.hk/) which is developed and maintained by ITS. The initial stage of migration has been completed successfully in previous months. List of equipment in URFMS can be found in this link: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/uls/current-list-of-equipment-in-urfms/.
The next phase of migration, which begins in the December, includes the following equipment:
- Bertin Instruments Precellys Evolution Tissue Homogenizer
- Labconco Refrigerated CentriVap Vacuum Concentrators
- Logos Biosystems X-Clarity Tissue Clearing system
- BD Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer
- BD FACSVia Flow Cytometer
- BD FACSAria III Cell Sorter
- FUJIFLIM VEVO LAB and Flowing Software
- JASCO CPL-300 CPL Spectrometer
We have helped to transfer user data (Equipment access) to the new system. Current users of the above equipment can now log in the system and prepare for the URFMS online account. Once completed simple registration procedures, online booking of the 8 equipment can then be made immediately for any date on or after 12th December 2022 (Monday). Attached the guideline for user and supervisor, respectively.
Below are some highlights of the migration:
- New URFMS user needs to log in the system, agree the Terms and Conditions, add an emergence contact number and seek endorsement from supervisor through the system.
- Virtual ULS payment account is used for booking instead of a true research funding account, usage cost will be included in the current ULS monthly invoice. The virtual ULS payment account and invoice payment method is only applicable to the ULS system.
- Supervisor needs to approve user registration in the URFMS and agree the Terms and Conditions. Budget allocation and budget top-up is not needed.
- Supervisor can grant right to a team member to use the virtual ULS payment account.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Ryan Chow at 34008057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention.