ULS has kicked off the migration of the online booking system to University Research Facility Management System (URFMS, https://urfms.polyu.edu.hk/) which is developed and maintained by ITS. The initial stage of migration, which includes Seahorse Analyser, SMZ1270i Fluorescence Stereomicroscope, Promethion Metabolic Cage System, Bruker SkyScan 1276 in vivo microCT scanner, Bio-Rad Bio-Plex 200 Suspension Array System, JASCO J-1500 Circular Dichroism Spectrophotometer and Agena Bioscience MassARRAY Analyzer 4 System, has been completed successfully in April and May 2022. The next phase of migration, which begins in the mid-June, includes the following equipment:
- Nikon N-SIM/N-STORM/A1 Super-resolution/Confocal Microscope
- Zeiss Lightsheet 7 Selective Plane Illumination Microscope
- Imaris, arivis Vision4D and Zeiss ZEN
- Cytiva AKTA pure 25 M1
- Sartorius BIOSTAT B-twin Fermenter
- Formulation Laboratory
We have helped to transfer the user data (Equipment access) to the new system. Current users of the above equipment can now log in the system and prepare for the URFMS online account. Once completed simple registration procedures, online booking of the 6 equipment can then be made immediately for any date after 20th June 2022 (Monday). Attached the usage guideline for user and supervisor, respectively.
Below are some highlights of the migration:
- User needs to log in the system, agree the Terms and Conditions, add an emergence contact number and seek endorsement from supervisor through the system.
- Virtual ULS payment account is used for booking instead of a true research funding account, billing will be included in the current ULS monthly invoice.
- Supervisor needs to approve user registration to the URFMS and agree the Terms and Conditions. Budget allocation and budget top-up is not needed.
- Supervisor can grant right to a team member to use the virtual ULS payment account but this is optional as this can be helped by ULS staff.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Ryan Chow at 34008057 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your attention.