The Outstanding Alumni Award aims to give public recognition to outstanding graduates for their professional achievements and significant contributions to the community and their alma mater. The year of 2022 marks the 85th Anniversary of PolyU, the Department is now calling for nomination for the Outstanding Alumni Award of LMS.
The nominated candidate must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed full-time or part-time programme offered by Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, which led to academic award accredited.
The proposer can be PolyU graduate, Honorary Graduate, University Fellow, PolyU staff, current PolyU Council and Court member and current Advisory Committee member. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/ herself or a direct relative of the candidate.
Special recognition to young alumni awardees in the award category is added. Candidate who is aged under 40 by the end of the award year can be considered under the Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni stream.
- Call for nomination starts from 15 September 2021
- Nomination deadline: 31 October 2021
- Each nomination must be submitted by a proposer.
- The proposer should have obtained nominees’ consent before the submission of nominations. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. Proposer can also be nominated. However, the proposer cannot nominate himself/herself.
- Each nomination must include:
- a nomination form;
- a current curriculum vitae of the nominee; and
- two written references including contact details.
- Submit the completed nomination form together with supporting documents to the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies on or before the nomination deadline.
Award Categories and Selection Criteria
There will be two award categories:
- Nominees aged 41 or above
- Nominees aged under 40 for Young Alumni
There are four award categories, namely “Professional Achievement”, “Entrepreneurial Achievement”, “Scholarly Achievement” and “Community Service Achievement”. Selection criteria for each category are listed below.
Selection is based on the nominee’s accomplishments in his/her personal achievements in the field, contributions to the community, and support and contributions to PolyU.
|Professional Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession/industry.|
|Entrepreneurial Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, founded and advanced business or technology ventures with social impact.|
|Scholarly Achievement||This category recognises alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.|
|Community Service Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.|
Notes: The bestowal of the award shall subject to individual merits of the candidates. No award shall be given out in a certain category if no suitable candidate is identified.
Panel of Judges
Panel of Judges, comprising both internal and external members, will be formed to examine the nominations and assess candidates’ qualifications and performance for the awards.
The result of the selection will be announced in December 2021.