Upon receiving nomination from your Home institution or your self-nomination in the case of Study Abroad, an invitation (a token) will be sent to you via email for making application. You are required to complete the online application with supporting documents uploaded, and dispatch or send by express post to Global Engagement Office (GEO) for our handling. Administration fee of HKD550 (covers VISA fee and courier fee to your home) applies. A Medical Insurance Premium of HKD750 is mandatory for Incoming Exchange students from Partner institutions in Chinese Mainland and Taiwan.
You need to pick a PolyU academic unit as your Host department and take at least 50% of Subjects from your Host. The Subject List available at the time you submit your application is for reference only. You will be able to read the finalized Subject List and timetables nearer to the start of the Semester.
Supporting document for upload:
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Official or Certified transcript with grading scale and all University subjects taken in the past. Translation into English is required should your transcript is in another language
- List of subject currently enrolled (if not recorded on Official transcript)
- Certificate for English language requirement (for Chinese Mainland and Taiwan institutions) A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 for the Internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test; OR An overall Band Score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Portfolio (for application to School of Design)
- Letter of intent (for application to Advertising Design at School of Design)
- Copy of identity document
- Passport; or
- Mainland ID Card and Mainland Residence Registration Card (常住人口登記卡副本); or
- The information page of Taiwan Passport (with validity of 6 months after the completion of the exchange) AND Taiwan ID Card and certified copy of Taiwan Census Paper (戶政事務所認證的戶籍謄本); or
- Hong Kong ID Card
- VISA application form: ID995A
- Financial proof
Specifications of supporting documents are available in the application instructions.
You are required to dispatch or send by express post the completed VISA application (including item 7 to 9 listed above) and two passport-sized photos to GEO by the application deadline.