Upon receiving nomination from your Home institution or your self-nomination in the case of Study Abroad, an invitation (a token) will be sent to you via email for making application. You are required to complete the online application with supporting documents uploaded, and dispatch or send by express post to Global Engagement Office (GEO) for our handling. A non-refundable administrative fee of HKD550 (covers VISA fee, courier service and courier of transcript etc.) applies.
You need to pick a PolyU academic unit as your Host department and take at least 50% of Subjects from your Host. The Subject List available at the time you submit your application is for reference only. You will be able to read the finalized Subject List and timetables nearer to the start of the Semester.
Supporting document for upload:
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Copy of identity document
- Passport (with validity of 6 months after completion of exchange); or
- Mainland ID Card and Mainland Residence Registration Card (常住人口登記卡副本); or
- The information page of Taiwan Passport (with validity of 6 months after the completion of the exchange) and Taiwan ID Card and certified copy of Taiwan Census Paper (戶政事務所認證的戶籍謄本); or
- Macao ID Card and Visit Permit for Residents of Macao SAR to HKSAR; or
- Hong Kong ID Card
- VISA application form: ID995A
- Recent identity photo
- Copy of financial proof
- Official transcript with grading scale (translation into English is required should your transcript is in another language)
- List of subjects currently enrolled (if not recorded on Official transcript)
- English proficiency proof of IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 internet-based (for applicants from non-PolyU exchange partners and from Chinese Mainland and Taiwan partner institutions)
- Portfolio (for application to School of Design)
Specifications of supporting documents are available in the application instructions.
You are required to dispatch or send by express post the completed original pen-signed ID995A visa application form and required documents to GEO within 2 weeks after completed the online application.