Call for applications - RSAP 2023/24 Round 1 - CLOSED!
Introduction to Research Student Attachment Programme – Incoming
Research Student Attachment Programme (RSAP) provides international PhD students with an opportunity for research attachment at PolyU to enhance their research experience.
Period of attachment
The period of attachment is from a minimum of three months to a maximum of one year.
- PhD students with good academic standing, whose home institutions are overseas (except mainland China, Macau and Taiwan), are eligible for application.
- Applicants and host supervisors should have common research interests for supervision purposes. For host supervisors at the rank of Research Assistant Professor, joint supervision with academic staff with supervisory experience is required.
- Applicants who have previously completed an attachment programme can re-apply.
- Successful applicants are not required to pay tuition fees to PolyU, but may be required to pay tuition fees to their home institution.
- Successful applicants are entitled to a subsistence allowance of HK$12,000 per month (or a daily rate of HK$400 for a partial month). The maximum allowance is capped at HK$72,000 per trip,
i.e., the maximum amount for six months.
- The aggregate amount for subsistence allowance per student is capped at HK$72,000.
Application procedures and timeline
- Applicants should seek consent from a potential host supervisor prior to application.
- Application can be made via the online submission system. Required submission documents include:
- a supporting letter from the home supervisor or the affiliated department/faculty, specifying the full name of PhD student, the name of the home supervisor, the name of the host supervisor, and the period of attachment,
- a copy of the academic transcript of the applicant,
- a brief CV of the applicant with a list of representative publications, and
- a brief CV of the host supervisor with a list of representative publications and PhD student supervision experience.
11 Sep 2023 Call for application 10 Nov 2023 Application deadline 15 Nov 2023 PolyU supervisor endorsement deadline 22 Nov 2023 D/SRC application assessment deadline 13 Dec 2023 GS application selection Late Dec 2023 GS notification of results
For enquiries, please contact the Graduate School by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.