PolyU Scholars Hub
Prof. Lin Yanping
- TU801D, Yip Kit Chuen Bldg.
- +852 2766 6944
- Personal Website
Professor Lin received BS in Applied Mathematics at Northeast Institute of Technology in 1982, M.S and PhD degrees in Applied Mathematics at Washington State University in 1985 and 1988 respectively. He had his postdoctorial fellowships at McGill University and University of Waterloo during 1988-1990, and then he moved to University of Alberta in 1991 as assistant professor, and then associate professor and professor. Professor Lin join PolyU in 2008. Professor Lin's research areas are finite element/finite volume methods for partial differential equations, inverse problems and interface problems.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Doctor of Philosophy, Washington State University
- Master of Science, Washington State University
- Bachelor of Science, Northeastern University
- Partial differential equations and scientific computing