Work-integrated Education (WIE)/ Internship
WIE Fulfilment Procedures
2 Weeks Before Job Commencement
- Students should submit the job advertisement &/or employment letter with company information, job title and related job nature via email for Department’s pre- approval.
- Students will be notified by email if the self-sourced internships are approved within 2 weeks after material submission. Only the approved job/ internship will be considered for WIE fulfillment.
Department / CPS, PolyU-arranged Internship
- No need to seek Department's pre-approval as all internship positions offered by Department/CPS could be counted as WIE
3 Weeks After Job Completion
Students are required to submit the supporting documents below 3 weeks after completion of the placement
Items to be provided and completed by Employer/ Supervisor are:
- Employment letter/ Job Advertisement (including job title, job nature & job description, etc.)
- Employer's Evaluation Questionnaire (Download here – login is required)
Items to be provided by student are:
- Log Sheet
- To be prepared by student himself/herself
- Includes date, daily working hours, description of the work, and
- With employer's signature and company chop to acknowledge the details
- WIE Final Report plus student reflection report with at least 300 words (See guideline here - login is required)
- On-site Photo
After Submission of Supporting Documents
The Department will verify the submitted documents and recommend a Pass/ Fail grade for the WIE subject (AMA 242/ AMA243) based on the feedback from the Employer and students’ self-reflection report. Students will see the result on e-Student system when the exam result is released.