Work-integrated Education (WIE)/ Internship
WIE Fulfilment Procedures
2 Weeks Before Job Commencement
Self-sourced Internship - Pre-approval is required
- Students should submit the job advertisement &/or employment letter with company information, job title and related job nature via email for Department’s pre- approval.
- Students will be notified by email if the self-sourced internships are approved within 2 weeks after material submission. Only the approved job/ internship will be considered for WIE fulfillment.
Department / CPS, PolyU-arranged Internship
- No need to seek Department's pre-approval as all internship positions offered by Department/CPS could be counted as WIE
- Login to the intranet to fill the Pre-internship Assessment Form
3 Weeks After Job Completion
Submit the Post Internship Evaluation and Self-reflection Report together with the supporting documents online 3 weeks after completion of the placement
- Login to the intranet to complete the Post Internship Evaluation Form and Reflection Report (at least 300 words)
- Upload the following material
- WIE Evaluation Questionnaire completed and signed by the employer with a company chop (Download here)
- Employment letter/ Job Advertisement (including job title, job nature & job description, etc.)
- 1-2 on-site photos of you taken in the placement organization with employer's consent
- Log Sheet
- To be prepared by students
- Includes date, daily working hours, description of the work, and
- With employer's signature and company chop to acknowledge the details
After Submission of Supporting Documents
The Department will verify the submitted documents and recommend a Pass/ Fail grade for the WIE subject (AMA2940/AMA 242/ AMA243) based on the feedback from the Employer's evaluation and students’ self-reflection report. Students will see the result on e-Student System when the exam result is released.