Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code 24043
Mode of Study Full-time
Normal Duration 1.5 years
Fund Type Self-Financed
Credits Required for Graduation 36
Initial Registration Credits 12 credits at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) in the 1st semester
Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2024
Non-Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2024
Tuition Fees Students should pay the tuition fees directly to the institution where the courses are offered. The estimated total is approximately HK$548,900 (subject to exchange rate fluctuation). Prospective students should note that the tuition fees do not include other additional expenses, and that fees are subject to change without prior notice. For more details, please check with the host institution.
Dr Catherine Cheung
RemarksThe SHTM offers a considerable number of scholarships of up to HKD50,000 to qualified students in the MSc in Global Hospitality Business programme who have demonstrated a high level of academic merit, honours, and awards.
Aims and Characteristics
The School of Hotel and Tourism Management at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (SHTM, PolyU), EHL Hospitality Business School (EHL), the Conrad N. Hilton College at the University of Houston (UH) are jointly offering an MSc in Global Hospitality Business programme. This programme spans three renowned institutions on three continents, and features the following characteristics:
- Students will learn from faculty with international backgrounds, be immersed in the culture and business practices of each continent, and attend numerous professional seminars.
- Students will join a talented cohort from across the globe to develop their hospitable attitude and construct their management toolbox while enjoying exceptional proximity to buoyant markets and industry leaders.
- A particular high point will be the completion of a real-life business consulting project assigned by the School's industry partners. A multi-cultural team of three to four students will be formed for each project.
- Students will experience three world-class campuses and research centres and access three outstanding alumni networks, while gaining exposure to the latest trends in the hospitality and service industries, allowing them to refine their career plans and shape their global perspectives.
- Upon graduation, students of this exceptional programme will receive an MSc in Global Hospitality Business degree awarded by their home institution and a "Certificate of Completion" issued by the other two partner institutions.