The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) has a well-established global outlook and offers varieties of international learning opportunities with renowned universities for our PhD students. The new Collaborative PhD Training Programme partnership since 2022 with EIT Institute for Advanced Study (EIT), China, opened up a new network in research specialisms of science, engineering, information technology and business. EIT is organised by Yu Renrong Education Foundation and supported by Zhejiang Provincial and Ningbo Municipal Governments.
This Collaborative PhD Training Programme is a 4-year programme for PhD students (starting from academic year 2022/23). In it, students would spend their first two years at PolyU and subsequent two years at EIT. Collaborative PhD students will have two supervisors from both institutions.
Collaborative PhD students may obtain a PhD degree from PolyU and a certificate of completion from EIT, after completing the necessary programme and satisfying the graduation requirements of both institutions.
Quick facts of the Collaborative PhD Training Programme with EIT
- The application quota of academic year 2022/23 to EIT is not more than 25. Application deadline is on 15 February 2022.
- Please refer to this link for the general entrance requirements and English language requirements of PolyU.
- Collaborative PhD students are treated as the same as regular research students in terms of student support services and scholarships provided by PolyU; and are also entitled to scholarships or bursaries provided by EIT, during respective study periods.
- Students would need to self-finance registration fee, tuition, accommodation fee, visa, insurance, international travel expenses etc. during studies at PolyU; and tuition and accommodation fee during that at EIT.
The materials to be submitted by the applicant are:
- "The Hong Kong Polytechnic University-EIT Institute for Advanced Study Collaborative PhD Training Programme Application Form" (download here: t.ly/8rWO)
- CV (English)
- Research Proposal (within 2,000 words in English on interested research area, identified problems to be resolved, research action plan and research expectations etc.)
- Scanned copy of transcript (must be affixed with the academic seal of the Graduate School) or scanned copy of the GPA transcript for Bachelor Degree-holders (must be affixed with the academic seal of the Graduate School)
- Scanned copy of English test transcript (required before official registration at EIT)
- Scanned copy of ID card
- Scanned copy of academic degree certificate or scanned copy of academic qualifications and student status certification documents
- Scanned copies of other materials that can reflect academic ability (such as academic journals or academic conference papers, or publications, patents, honorary certificates, professional qualification certificates, etc.)
- Application submission Applicants should submit application materials (in one single pdf file, email subject as “PolyU – EIT 2022 Collaborative PhD Programme + Applicant name”) to EIT, deadline for submission is 15 February 2022.
- Primary Selection EIT conducts qualification review and primary selection based on the application materials, and submits the list of applicants who have passed the primary selection to PolyU in early March 2022, and informs the applicants at the same time. Those who do not pass the primary election will not be notified.
Applicants who passed the primary selection should contact the tutors or contact persons in relevant disciplines at EIT. The tutors of EIT will guide applicants to choose and confirm the tutors of the corresponding disciplines at PolyU. The tutors’ information of EIT will be announced on its official website by the end of February 2022.
- Online application and interview Applicants who passed the primary selection will be invited to complete the online application on the eAdmission system of PolyU by the end of March 2022, and participate in a joint interview organised by the PolyU and EIT.
- Admission Applicants who have officially applied online can log onto the eAdmission system of PolyU for application progress. Admission results will be announced by the end of May 2022 at the latest. EIT will notify the admitted applicants, and those who are not admitted will not be notified.
EIT Institute for Advanced Study Admissions Office
Hotline: 0574-5533 6701
Address: 10th Floor, No. 2, Kaiyuan New Youth Plaza, No. 568 Tongxin Road, Ningbo, China
Postal code: 315200
|Topics||Notices & Developments|