PolyU honours ten outstanding alumni
22 Apr 2021
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is pleased to announce that it has bestowed the "Outstanding Alumni Award 2021" to ten alumni in recognition of their distinguished professional accomplishments and significant contributions to the community and their alma mater.
The award recipients, in alphabetical order of last name, are:
- Mr Jack CHAN Hoi, EY China Chairman, Greater China Regional Managing Partner and Global Executive Member, Ernst & Young
- Ms Janet CHEN Lijuan, Chairman, Shenzhen Ebeca Beauty Technology Investment Company Limited
- Mr Tino KWAN Wing-kuen, Founder and Principal Consultant, Tino Kwan Lighting Consultants Limited
- Ir Dr Kelvin LEUNG Kai-yuen, CEO, Asia Pacific, DHL Global Forwarding (Hong Kong) Limited
- Mr Michael ROSS, Vice Chairman, Charoen Pokphand Group and Co-chairman, CP Commercial Real Estate
- The Hon. Alfred SIT Wing-hang, JP, Secretary for Innovation and Technology, Innovation and Technology Bureau, HKSAR Government
- The Hon. Tony TSE Wai-chuen, BBS, JP, Member, Legislative Council (Architectural, Surveying, Planning & Landscape), HKSAR Government
- Sr Augustine WONG Ho-ming, JP, Executive Director and General Manager of the Property Development Department, Henderson Land Development Company Limited
- Dr Alex WONG Siu-wah, Chairman and CEO, King’s Flair International (Holdings) Limited
- Ms Mary YU Wah, Founder, Mary Yu Design
(Please refer to the Appendix for the biodata of the recipients.)
Jointly organised by PolyU and the Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations, the biennial Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award aims at honouring outstanding graduates of PolyU and its forerunner institutions – the Government Trade School, the Hong Kong Technical College and the Hong Kong Polytechnic – for their remarkable professional achievements and contributions to the community and their alma mater.
The Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award was first launched in 1996 and this year marks the 13th award presentation. So far, more than 80 distinguished alumni in various professions have been honoured and they are a great testament to PolyU's accomplishments in nurturing professional talents for the community.
The eight-member Panel of Judges is chaired by Dr Katherine NGAN Ng Yu-ying, MH, JP, Chairman, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Court. Members, in alphabetical order of last name, include: Ms Dee Dee CHAN, Director, Seal of Love Charitable Foundation Limited; Dr Christopher CHENG Wai-chee, GBS, OBE, JP, Chairman, Wing Tai Properties Limited; Ms Doris LIAN Shaodong, Chairman, Chinese Asset Management Associate of Hong Kong; Ir Eric MA Siu-cheung, GBS, JP, President, Outstanding PolyU Alumni Association; Dr David NG Kin-ching, President, Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations; Professor Jin-Guang TENG, President, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; and Dr Daniel YIP, Chairman, Federation of Hong Kong Industries.
Ms Angel Lee
Manager, Communications and Public Affairs Office
- 3400 2130