Visiting Chair Professor of Experimental Optometry
Professor To is one of the inventors of Defocus Incorporated Soft Contact (DISC) lens and Defocus Incorporated Multiple Segment (DIMS) lens. The DISC lens won the Grand Prize and Gold Medal with Jury’s Commendation at the 39th International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva in 2011. The DIMS lens also won the Grand Prize, Grand Award and Gold Medal, as well as the Congratulations of the Jury at the 46th International Exhibition in 2018.
Professor To is an Honorary Member of the Hong Kong Association of Private Practice Optometrists. He is also a Member of Scientific and Medical Advisory Board of Retina Hong Kong.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Professional Diploma in Optometry, Hong Kong Polytechnic
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Wales
- Aqueous humour physiology
- Myopia basic mechanism and treatment
- Retinal degenerations
- Wang D, Chun RK, Liu M, Lee RP, Sun Y, Zhang T, Lam C, Liu Q, To CH. Optical Defocus Rapidly Changes Choroidal Thickness in Schoolchildren. Wedrich A, ed. PLoS One. 2016;11(8):e0161535.
- Arumugam B, Hung LF, Huang J, To CH, Holden BA, Smith EL III. (2014) The effects of simultaneous dual focus lenses on refractive development in infant monkeys. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 55:7423-7432.
- Wang JC, Chun RKM, Zhou YY, Zuo B, Li KK, Liu Q, To CH. Both the central and peripheral retina contribute to myopia development in chicks. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2015; 35: 652–662.
- McFadden SA, Tse DY, Bowrey HE, Leotta AJ, Lam CS, Wildsoet CF, To CH. Integration of Defocus by Dual Power Fresnel Lenses Inhibits Myopia in the Mammalian Eye. Invest. Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55(2):908-917.