Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) for Optometry Clinic
This is a personal information collection statement under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”).
1. Purpose of Collection
The personal data provided by you to The Optometry Clinic of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (“PolyU”) will be collected, retained, processed, used and transferred (within or outside of Hong Kong) for the following purposes:
- Processing your registration and appointment requests;
- Delivering services to you; Verifying your identity;
- Handling your complaints or enquiries;
- Facilitating communications with you;
- Facilitating PolyU to comply with any appropriate statutory or regulatory filings or submissions;
- Facilitating implementation of PolyU’s policies and procedures, and monitoring compliance with the same;
- Enabling PolyU to comply with any applicable procedures, laws, regulations or court orders (in each case whether in Hong Kong or overseas), any requests by government, statutory, regulatory or law enforcement authority, and valid legal processes, ordinances obligations;
- Conducting quality assurance, surveys, review, statistical analysis, and research; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
2. You are required to provide your personal data, other than those items indicated as optional. Failure to provide such data may lead to inability to receive services from The Optometry Clinic.
3. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
PolyU will keep your personal data confidential and only our authorized members will have access to and handle your personal data. PolyU may disclose or transfer your personal data to service providers and contractors engaged in activities on behalf of PolyU within or outside Hong Kong solely for the purposes set out in paragraph 1 above.
PolyU may also disclose your personal data when authorized or required by law and in response to requests from law enforcement authorities, government departments or regulatory authorities or where required to protect PolyU’s rights or properties.
4. Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request for access and correction of your personal data held by PolyU. Any data access and correction request according to the Ordinance should be made in writing to the Departmental Personal Data Officer at The Optometry Clinic, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A fee will be imposed for processing your data access request.
5. Security, Accuracy and Retention of your Personal Data
PolyU takes reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misappropriation, unauthorized access or destruction of your data. PolyU also takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data held by it is accurate, complete, correct and reliable for the intended use.
Your personal data will be retained by PolyU according to its policy on retention of data and records.