Dr Jeffrey LEUNG
Research Assistant Professor
- +852 2766 4268
Dr Jeffrey Leung is currently a Research Assistant Professor at the School of Optometry, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) teaching Clinical Binocular Vision, and Ophthalmic Optics and Dispensing. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Optometry and PhD degree from PolyU in 2008 and 2014 respectively. After obtaining his PhD degree, he joined the School as an Optometrist in the Optometry Clinic to conduct clinical research and provide clinical service to the public. He was also a team member of two specialty groups focusing on high myopia and pediatric eye care. In addition to teaching and clinical service, he has been serving as a technical expert for Hong Kong Accreditation Service of Innovation and Technology Commission to provide consultancy advice for ophthalmic laboratory testing.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Optometry, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Mechanism and optical characteristics of refractive errors
- Astigmatism related vision defeats and amblyopia
- Neural adaptation in electrophysiology and psychophysics
- Leung TW, Cheong AMY, Chan HHL (2022). Deficits in the Magnocellular Pathway of People with Reading Difficulties. Curr Dev Disord Rep. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40474-022-00248-2
- Wong SC, Kee CS, Leung TW. (2022) High prevalence of astigmatism in children after school suspension during the COVID-19 pandemic is associated with axial elongation. Children; 9(6): 919.
- Liang Y*, Leung TW*, Lian JT, & Kee CS. (2022) Significant increase in astigmatism in children after study at home during the COVID-19 lockdown. Clinical and Experimental Optometry; 1-9.
* Co-first authors
- Leung TW, Li RW, Kee CS. (2021) Meridional Anisotropy of Foveal and Peripheral Resolution Acuity in Adults With Emmetropia, Myopia, and Astigmatism. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci; 62(10):11.
- De Lestrange-Anginieur E, Leung TW, Kee CS. (2021) Joint effect of defocus blur and spatial attention. Vision Research; 185: 88-97.
- Leung TW, Chan CT, Lam CH, Tong YK, & Kee CS. (2020) Changes in corneal astigmatism and near heterophoria after smartphone use while walking and sitting. PlosONE; 15(12): e0243072.
- Leung TW, Li RW, Kee CS. (2017) Blue-Light Filtering Spectacle Lenses: Optical and Clinical Performances. PLoSONE; 12(1): e0169114.
- Li RW, Tran TT, Craven AP, Leung TW, Chat SW & Levi DM. (2016) Sharpening coarse-to-fine stereo vision by perceptual learning: asymmetric transfer across the spatial frequency spectrum. Royal Society Open Science; 3:150523
- Leung TW, Lam, AKC, Kee, CS. (2013) Corneal shapes of Chinese emmetropes and myopic astigmats aged 10 to 45 years. Optometry and Vision Science; 90(11):1258-1266.
- Leung TW, Lam AKC, Deng L & Kee CS. (2012) Characteristics of astigmatism as a function of age in a Hong Kong clinical population. Optometry and Vision Science; 89(7):984-992.