EIE Outstanding Alumni Award 2021/2022
The Department of Electronic and Information Engineering (EIE) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, formerly known as the Department of Electronic Engineering, was established in 1974. Since then, the Department pursues a wide range of teaching and research activities in numerous fields of electronic and information engineering. We nurture generations of graduates who devote their time and effort for the betterment of society. To recognize outstanding graduates of EIE for their professional achievements and contributions to the community, the Department has set up the Outstanding Alumni Award of Department of Electronic and Information Engineering in 2021.
The candidate nominated must be a bona fide graduate who had successfully completed regular full-time or part-time programmes offered by the Department of Electronic Engineering (ENC) / Department of Electronic and Information Engineering (EIE), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University*, which lead to an academic award.
*Including its forerunner: Hong Kong Polytechnic
- Nomination can be made by (i) the selection panel members; (ii) graduates of ENC/EIE, PolyU; (iii) current and former staff members of ENC/EIE, PolyU; and (iv) current and former members of ENC/EIE Departmental Advisory Committee.
- Proposers should have obtained nominees’ consent before submitting the nominations.There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. Proposers can also be nominated by other proposers. However, a proposer cannot nominate himself/herself.
|15 August 2021||Deadline for receiving the nominations|
|October 2021||Invite shortlisted nominees to submit full profile|
|November 2021||Deadline for receiving the submission documents|
|Janurary 2022||Announcement of result|
|June 2022||Award Presentation Ceremony|
Selection should be made based on the nominee’s contributions in the following four categories:
- Professional Achievement 專業成就 - this category recognizes alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession / industry.
- Entrepreneurial Achievement 創業成就 - this category recognizes alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, founded and advanced business or technology ventures with societal impact.
- Scholarly Achievement 學術成就 - this category recognizes alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.
- Community Service Achievement 社會服務成就 - this category recognizes alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.
In addition to the proposed criteria for the respective award categories, a common criterion, i.e. "Support and Contribution to EIE/PolyU", will form a part of the selection criteria.
To recognize young alumni as well as alumni of more senior years, there will be two streams of awards, namely "Outstanding Young Alumni Award of PolyU Department of Electronic and Information Engineering" (for those aged under 40) and “Outstanding Alumni Award of PolyU Department of Electronic and Information Engineering” (for those aged 40 or above).
- Mr Victor Choi, Chairman of Hong Kong Electronics & Technologies Association (HKETA)
- Dr Daniel Lun, Associate Head of Department of EIE, PolyU
- Dr Ng Chi Ho, Chairman of Hong Kong Electronic Industries Association (HKEIA)
- Dr Jacky Ng, Member of Departmental Advisory Committee of Department of EIE, PolyU
- Prof. M.W. Mak, Interim Head of Department of EIE, PolyU
- Mr Simon Tsui, Chairman of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Alumni Association, PolyU
Contact: Ms Carol Yuen / Miss Polly Mok / Ms Sarah Kwok
Telephone: 2766 4184 / 2766 6212 / 2766 6227
Please click here to download the poster of the award.