- To build up an early connection between the students and their home departments, and to promote their sense of affiliation to the department and the University,
- To provide students with accurate information about the academic regulations and requirements regarding their Major/programme, as well as the GUR,
- To assist students to explore their interests, abilities and values on academic pursuits, and formulate appropriate intellectual, professional and personal goals,
- To provide advice and guidance to students that enables them to develop and pursue a study plan for their 4 years of study appropriate for meeting their intellectual, professional and personal goals,
- To connect students to resources, opportunities and support within and outside the University that enhance their educational experiences and success.
During the semester, there will be an allocated time slot for each student with his/her designated academic advisor to have face-to-face discussion on the latest status, subject selection, study plan and other issues within the scope of academic advising.
All students are also welcome to discuss with his/her designated academic advisor in addition to that allocated time slot.
Preliminary meeting plan: