Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science
Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code JS3868
Aims and Characteristics
The BSc (Hons) Scheme in Computing & AI comprises the following awards:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science;
- BSc (Hons) in Enterprise Information Systems; and
- BSc (Hons) in Financial Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
Students admitted to the Scheme will complete a common Year 1 curriculum. They will select any one of the Honours degree awards and can begin studying the relevant content as early as in semester one of Year 2, or as late as in semester two of Year 2.
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Science aims to equip graduates with solid computing foundations in areas such as programming, computational thinking and data structure to develop professional computer systems and software. Students develop strong problem-solving abilities and become highly competent in software development for virtually all sectors.
BSc (Hons) Scheme in Computing & AI
- Common first year: students admitted to the Scheme do not need to decide on the final award in the first year of study and can select their study paths in the second year.
- Rich study pathways: the programme’s relatively few core credits give students the flexibility to take on a Minor study in other disciplines they are interested in, such as Business Administration, Financial Services, Social Science or other Engineering disciplines. They can also take additional Computing subjects to continue or specialise in one or more technical stream.
- Applied and practical: the curriculum covers up-to-date practical skills in both content and teaching methodology, e.g., iPhone technology.
- Master’s degree: students can be admitted into the Department’s Master’s programme. They can gain a Master’s degree with one extra year of study.
- Recognition and Scholarship: many departmental scholarships are available for students, recognising both their academic and non-academic performance.
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- Features a rich set of Electives that cover real-life applications, such as Data Mining, Multimedia and Game Programming, E-Commerce, Financial and Social Computing.
- Minor option: students can apply to pursue a Minor study in any discipline.
- Students with backgrounds in Arts, Science or Business can apply.
NON-JUPAS Local Year 1 Admissions
NON-JUPAS Local Senior Year Admissions
* Local students are those who do not require a student visa to study in Hong Kong.
Remarks: Secondary Major in AIDA is not applicable for the students from Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science/Enterprise Information Systems/Financial Technology and Artificial Intelligence