Master of Science in Blockchain Technology
Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code 61036
Mode of Study Mixed Mode
1 year (Full-time)
2 years (Part-time)
1 year (Full-time)
Credits Required for Graduation
Aims and Characteristics
This programme is designed for professionals proficient in blockchain and related technologies to analyse, design, implement and evaluate Fintech and other related systems, products and services. Key Fintech technologies and applications, as well as other aspects such as security, compliance and regulation, are covered. The programme provides students with the knowledge, support and guidance needed to pursue lifelong learning and development in Fintech and other related disciplines.
The objectives of the programme are listed below:
- To produce graduates with specialised knowledge in blockchain technology, as well as strong intellectual and practical skills and critical thinking skills;
- To produce graduates who can think holistically and analytically and apply various key emerging technologies, such as blockchain technology, distributed computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics, to solve problems in the financial sector and other related disciplines and develop systems/applications in teams or individually;
- To produce graduates with professional ethics, social responsibilities and all-round capabilities who can contribute to the development of Hong Kong and China; and
- To produce graduates who can keep abreast of innovative, up-to-date and advanced technologies and who are able to engage in independent lifelong learning.
- This programme is the first MSc in Blockchain Technology (MScBT) in Hong Kong.
- It emphasises the fundamental and latest technology supporting Fintech infrastructure and applications, especially full-stack blockchain.
- It offers a range of subjects on the design, development and security of blockchain-based financial applications, in line with the latest developments in blockchain technology.
- It serves as a bridging programme for those with little or no computing experience in academia. The programme is also suitable for computing and computer science graduates who want to deepen their knowledge and professionalism in blockchain and related technologies.
- Flexible modes of study are available (full-time or part-time).