Master of Science in Metaverse Technology
Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code 61038
Mode of Study Full-time
Credits Required for Graduation
Aims and Characteristics
The aims of the Master of Science in Metaverse Technology (MScMT) programme are to provide graduates with:
- an in-depth understanding of the nature of metaverses;
- an understanding of the fundamental technology for building metaverses;
- the ability to integrate various technologies into metaverse applications; and
- the vision of metaverse development as a multidisciplinary coevolutionary process so that they will enthusiastically engage in lifelong learning in this setting.
- Understand the nature of metaverse research and the metaverse industry, especially its interdisciplinary nature.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the latest metaverse technologies including VR/AR, game development, machine learning, decentralised infrastructures, crypto properties, computer vision and AIoT.
- Use these technologies to build metaverse applications that provide immersive experiences that bridge the gap between the real and virtual world.
- Work in teams as both a leader and a member and effectively collaborate with practitioners from various disciplines.
- Understand the security, sociality and ethical aspects of metaverses and be able to creatively reshape or redefine metaverses.