Application Procedures and Admission Timeline
Semester 1 Intake (September)
The CEE Department will consider the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) and PolyU Research Postgraduate Scholarship (PRPgS) at the same time. All applications MUST be made via the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme.
The application schedule is as follows:
||Call for applications|
|1 December at Hong Kong Time 12:00 (GMT +8 hours)
||Deadline for submitting initial applications to RGC by the applicants for allocation of a reference number
|1 December at Hong Kong Time 23:59 (GMT +8 hours)
||Deadline for submission of full applications and payment of application fee through the eAdmission System of PolyU
||Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a video conferencing interview
|By Next April/May
||Notification of result (for both HKPFS & PRPgS)
Interested applicants are highly recommended to follow the procedures below:
- Make contact with a potential supervisor before submitting your online application. For contact information, please refer to the Major Research Areas of CEE Staff.
- Submit an Initial Application to the Research Grants Council (RGC) through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) Electronic System to obtain a HKPFS reference number by 1 December at Hong Kong Time 12:00 (GMT +8 hours).
- Submission of full applications to PolyU should be made via the eAdmission System on or before 1 December at Hong Kong Time 23:59 (GMT +8 hours)
* For self-financed students or students admitted with other project grants, the deadline for submitting online applications is 1 December. For admission details, please contact potential supervisors.
Semester 2 & 3 Intake (January / May)
Semester 2 (January) & Semester 3 (May) Intake is only open to individual applications upon the request of potential supervisors at CEE.
- Please make contact with a potential supervisor. For contact information, please refer to the Major Research Areas of CEE.
- Submission of full application to PolyU should be made via the eAdmission System by the end of August (Semester 2 intake) / end of December (Semester 3 intake)
*Semester 2 & 3 intake is not applicable to HKPFS applicants