Outstanding Alumni Award of HTI
Outstanding Alumni Award of HTI
The Outstanding Alumni Award of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics aims to give public recognition to the outstanding graduates for their professional achievements and significant contributions to the community and their alma mater. There are four award categories, namely “Professional Achievement”, “Entrepreneurial Achievement”, “Scholarly Achievement” and “Community Service Achievement”. Selection criteria for each category are listed below.
|This category recognises alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession/ industry/ society.|
|This category recognises alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as founded or founded advanced business or technology ventures with social impact.|
|This category recognises alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.|
Community Service Achievement
|This category recognises alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.|
Selection is based on the nominee’s accomplishments in his/her personal achievements in the field, contributions to the community, and support and contributions to the Department of Health Technology and Informatics and PolyU.
The nominee must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed full-time or part-time programme offered by the Department of Health Technology and Informatics, PolyU (or its forerunner: Hong Kong Polytechnic), which led to an academic award.
The nomination can be made by:
- Graduates, Honorary Graduates of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
- University Fellows and PolyU Staffs of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
- Current PolyU Council, Court members and current Advisory Committee members of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
Proposers should have obtained nominees’ consent before submitting the nominations. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/herself or a direct relative of the candidate.
The proposer can submit his/her nomination(s) to the Department of Health Technology and Informatics via email at email@example.com with his/her written recommendations and the curriculum vitae of the nominee by 15 Mar 2023.
Download Nomination Form HERE .
(II) Selection Criteria
- Outstanding alumni aged under 40 by the end of the award year can be honoured with the Outstanding Young Alumni Award in the respective category.
- In addition to the above criteria for the respective award categories which will account for 75% of the scores, a common criterion, “Support and Contribution to PolyU”, will account for 25% of the scores. Regarding “Support and Contribution to PolyU”, it can be in the form of advisory roles in the University/Faculty/Department, support rendered to PolyU’s initiatives including financial/in-kind donation and sponsorship, or leadership and contribution to alumni events and activities.
- One senior awardee (aged 40 or above by the end of the award year) and one young awardee (aged under 40 by the end of the award year) should normally be identified each year. However, the bestowal of the award shall subject to individual merits of the candidates. No award shall be given in a certain category if no suitable candidate is identified.
(III) Award Title
The awardees will be honoured with:
|Outstanding Alumni Award in Professional Achievement/ Entrepreneurial Achievement/Scholarly Achievement/ Community Service Achievement of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics
|For awardees aged 40 or above by the end of the award year.|
|Outstanding Young Alumni Award in Professional Achievement/ Entrepreneurial Achievement/Scholarly Achievement/ Community Service Achievement of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics
|For awardees aged under 40 by the end of the award year.|
|Call for nominations||Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Mid-Feb to Mar 2023|
|Submission of nominations(s)||Proposer||By 15 Mar 2023|
|Selection of awardees||Panel of Judges, Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Apr 2023|
|Result announcement||Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||By end of Apr 2023|
For enquiries, please contact the Department of Health Technology and Informatics of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University at firstname.lastname@example.org.