Outstanding Alumni Award of HTI
Outstanding Alumni Award of HTI
The Department of Health Technology and Informatics (HTI) was established on 1 September 2005. HTI brings the disciplines of Medical Laboratory Science and Radiography together in one department for the first time. However, each is well established at PolyU. Medical Laboratory Science at PolyU began in 1978 (as Biomedical Science) and Radiography was launched in 1978. The programmes offered in these two disciplines are part of a continually growing suite of sub-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes that have been offered over the past 43 years within the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences at PolyU. These programmes are designed to meet community and professional needs, and the programmes offered by HTI are in many ways unique in Hong Kong. Furthermore, all our programmes are accredited by the respective professional organizations.
Radiography and Medical Laboratory Science are integral facets of modern medicine and healthcare. We believe the coming together of these two disciplines will bring tremendous opportunity for synergistic advancements in these fields. The Department aims to make significant contributions to our global and local community through such advancements in education, research, and professional services.
The Outstanding Alumni Award of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics aims to give public recognition to the outstanding graduates for their professional achievements and significant contributions to the community and their alma mater.
The nominee must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed full-time or part-time programme offered by the Department of Health Technology and Informatics, PolyU (or its forerunner: Hong Kong Polytechnic), which led to an academic award.
The nomination can be made by:
- Graduates, Honorary Graduates of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
- University Fellows and PolyU Staffs of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
- Current PolyU Council, Court members and current Advisory Committee members of Department of Health Technology and Informatics
Proposers should have obtained nominees’ consent before submitting the nominations. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/herself or a direct relative of the candidate.
The proposer can submit his/her nomination(s) to the Department of Health Technology and Informatics via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with his/her written recommendations and the curriculum vitae of the nominee by 31 October 2021.
Download Nomination Form HERE .
(II) Award Categories and Selection Criteria
There are four award categories, namely “Professional Achievement”, “Entrepreneurial Achievement”, “Scholarly Achievement” and “Community Service Achievement”. Selection criteria for each category are listed below.
Selection is based on the nominee’s accomplishments in his/her personal achievements in the field, contributions to the community, and support and contributions to the Department of Health Technology and Informatics and PolyU.
|Professional Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession/ industry.|
|Entrepreneurial Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, founded and advanced business or technology ventures with social impact.|
|Scholarly Achievement||This category recognises alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.|
|Community Service Achievement||This category recognises alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.|
- Outstanding alumni aged under 40 by the end of the award year can be honoured with the Outstanding Young Alumni Award in the respective category.
- In addition to the above criteria for the respective award categories which will account for 80% of the scores, a common criterion, “Support and Contribution to PolyU”, will account for 20% of the scores. Regarding “Support and Contribution to PolyU”, it can be in the form of advisory roles in the University/Faculty/Department, support rendered to PolyU’s initiatives including financial/in-kind donation and sponsorship, or leadership and contribution to alumni events and activities.
- One senior awardee (aged 40 or above by the end of the award year) and one young awardee (aged under 40 by the end of the award year) should normally be identified each year. However, the bestowal of the award shall subject to individual merits of the candidates. No award shall be given in a certain category if no suitable candidate is identified.
(III) Award Title
The awardees will be honoured with:
|Outstanding Alumni Award in Professional Achievement/ Entrepreneurial Achievement/Scholarly Achievement/ Community Service Achievement of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics
|For awardees aged 40 or above by the end of the award year.|
|Outstanding Young Alumni Award in Professional Achievement/ Entrepreneurial Achievement/Scholarly Achievement/ Community Service Achievement of PolyU Department of Health Technology and Informatics
|For awardees aged under 40 by the end of the award year.|
|Call for nominations||Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||By September 2021|
|Submission of nominations(s)||Proposer||By 31 October 2021|
|Selection of awardees||Panel of Judges, Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||By 31 December 2021|
|Result announcement||Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||By 31 January 2022|
For enquiries, please contact the Department of Health Technology and Informatics of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University at email@example.com.