“Passing the Torch” is a meaningful way of giving back by PolyU alumni. To facilitate students’ all-round development and enhance their professional competence, the Alumni Affairs Team of Mainland Development Office and Careers and Placement Section of Student Affairs Office jointly call upon alumni’s support for the newly launched internship sponsorship programme, which provides students valuable opportunities to explore the latest development and career prospect in the Mainland.
Before the pandemic, hundreds of PolyU undergraduate students would participate in a 6-8 weeks’ internship programme in the Mainland each summer. We are now preparing for the internship programme to be rolled out in May to August 2022. The newly launched “Passing the Torch” Sponsorship programme aims to raise donations from our alumni as financial assistance for Students’ Internship in the Mainland.
We look forward to your participation, to carry on this giving tradition.
About the programme
Under the sponsorship programme, each undergraduate student, who has completed a 6-8 weeks’ internship in the Mainland in 2022 summer and been recognised a satisfactory work performance, will be sponsored with an amount of HK$3,900. [Remarks: Priority will be given to students participating in alumni enterprises.]
How to support
All donations you make will bring benefit to PolyU students. Complete the “Online Donation Form” NOW and make donations with your credit card (the minimum amount is HK$500). Official receipt will be issued upon the acceptance of donations.
How to give
Please complete the “Online Donation Form”, and make online payment with your credit card (VISA/ MasterCard/ UnionPay) at PolyU Financial Office website. The transaction will be settled in Hong Kong dollars. [Remarks: All transactions effected by UnionPay in RMB will be converted into HKD and the corresponding RMB amount will be deducted.]
Points to note:
- When completing the donation form, please
• Choose either “One-off Donation” or “Monthly Donation” for type of donation;
• Choose “Student Development” for purpose of donation;
• Enter the programme name “Passing the Torch Sponsorship Programme” and provide your city of residence (e.g. Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, etc.) at Project/ Programme/ Activity
- When processing online credit card transaction, please enter the pinyin of your Chinese Name at “Card Holder Name”, which should be the same as the English name provided in “Online Donation Form”. Do NOT enter Chinese characters.
- Upon the submission of online donation form, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Please keep the confirmation email for future enquiries.
Donor Recognition and Announcement
Announcement will be made on PolyU Alumni Affairs Official WeiXin platform to recognise the generosity of our alumni. Donors who have made cumulative donations of HK$20,000 or above to the University shall be honoured as a member of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Foundation.
Act NOW and complete the online donation form on or before 28 February 2022 (Monday).
Mainland Development Office
Tel: +852 3400 2749