Skip to main content Start main content
 FAQ for Alumni


  1. When would PolyU graduates become PolyU alumni?

    All bona fide graduates who have successfully completed regular full-time or part-time programmes offered by PolyU, including its forerunners and constituent units, which lead to academic awards accredited by the respective institution would automatically become PolyU alumni. No application is required.


  2. Why do I need to update my personal information?

    You are encouraged to keep your profile up to date to stay connected with PolyU and receive news about the latest development of the University as well as events, benefits and services offered to the alumni community.
    In the Update Profile webpage, please sign in with your Alumni NetID or social account, you may view and update your personal information, including contact, career, education and interest.


  3. What is Alumni NetID?

    NetID is a unique personal identifier and key to access the online systems of the University. Student’s NetID can be used after graduation.
    Alumni who graduated in 2011 or after, their NetID would automatically become Alumni NetID. Alumni who graduated before 2011 or Graduates of HKCC or SPEED, please click here to register for Alumni NetID.

  4. How can I apply for Alumni NetID and PolyU Connect email account?

    Please click here to apply for Alumni NetID and PolyU Connect email account. If you have completed more than one degree in PolyU, you will given more than one NetID. Please contact the Alumni Affairs Office at to confirm which one is your Alumni NetID.


  5. What if I have forgotten my Alumni NetID?

    Please contact the Alumni Affairs and Development Office by email to You may be requested to provide your graduation certificate and identification documents for verification for retrieval of your Alumni NetID.


  6. What if I have forgotten my NetPassword?

    Please visit the Alumni NetID and Connect Email Account page and follow the instructions to complete the password reset.


  7. How can I give back to PolyU?

    Thank you for giving back to your alma mater! Your generous donation has inspired PolyU students to make long-term contributions to society.
    You can choose different ways to support PolyU. You can make donations through the online platform or download the donation form. If you want to support PolyU in other ways, please click here to contact us.


  8. How can I apply for a transcript of studies, testimonial, certification of award or certification of true copy?

    For application forms and details, please visit the website of the Academic Registry. For enquiries, please contact the Academic Registry at 2333 0600.


  9. How can I apply for "PolyU Visa Card (For Graduates Only)"?

    The "PolyU Visa Card (For Graduates Only)" is dedicated to PolyU alumni. Every time you spend on your PolyU Visa Card, the Bank of East Asia will contribute a percentage to PolyU. Please click here to visit the designated BEA webpage for details and application.


  10. How can I apply for "Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations Card"?

    Get a "Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations Card" to enjoy special privileges and discounts. Please click here for details and application. For enquiries, please call 2766 5123.


  11. Which alumni organizations can I join?

    The Federation of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Alumni Associations LTD strives to promote the welfare and common interests of all of the 40 member alumni associations, and to support further development of the University. Please click here for the list of alumni associations, and join respective alumni association of your discipline to expand your network.


  12. I will be residing, working or studying in China or overseas. Can I contact or join relevant alumni associations?

    Please visit the designated pages of Mainland Alumni Networks or Overseas Alumni Associations to find out more.


  13. What services and campus facilities can I use after graduation?

    As a PolyU alumni, you can enjoy various alumni discounts and services, including networking opportunities, continuing education, and access to campus facilities etc. Please click here for details.


  14. Can I use the Library?

    All PolyU graduates are eligible to apply for a Library Card (Graduate) and an Off-Campus Access Library Number (Graduate). Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations and PolyU VISA cardholders are eligible for special discounts on their annual fees. For enquiries or assistance, please contact Pao Yue-kong Library at 2766 6864 or send email to


  15. Can I use the sports facilities on campus or the joint school sports center?

    Graduates can apply for the "Alumni Sports Facilities Use Card" which give access to the sports facilities on the PolyU campus and in the Joint School Sports Center. Please click here for details.


  16. Can I take wedding photos on PolyU campus?

    Alumni who would like to take wedding photos on PolyU campus are required to submit application at least one month prior to the shooting. Permission for wedding photography will be given on Sundays and statutory public holidays outside the examination and Congregation period. Please click here for details, regulation and application.

Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.

You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here