Congratulations to the recipients of Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award
PolyU is delighted to present the "Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award 2021" (OPAA) to ten alumni in recognition of their distinguished accomplishments in their respective fields and contributions to the University and the community at large.
Launched in 1996, the biennial OPAA is jointly organised by PolyU and the Federation of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University Alumni Associations. The OPAA acknowledges outstanding graduates of PolyU, as well as its forerunners including the Hong Kong Government Trade School, the Hong Kong Technical College, and the Hong Kong Polytechnic; and its constituent units: the School of Professional Education and Executive Development as well as the Hong Kong Community College. This year marks the 13th award presentation and more than 80 distinguished alumni in various professions have been honoured in past years.
The award recipients of 2021 are (in alphabetical order of last name):
- Mr Jack Chan Hoi, EY China Chairman, Greater China Regional Managing Partner and Global Executive Member, Ernst & Young
- Ms Janet Chen Lijuan, Chairman, Shenzhen Ebeca Beauty Technology Investment Company Limited
- Mr Tino Kwan Wing-kuen, Founder and Principal Consultant, Tino Kwan Lighting Consultants Limited
- Ir Dr Kelvin Leung Kai-yuen, CEO, Asia Pacific, DHL Global Forwarding (Hong Kong) Limited
- Mr Michael Ross, Vice Chairman, Charoen Pokphand Group and Co-chairman, CP Commercial Real Estate
- The Hon. Alfred Sit Wing-hang, JP, Secretary for Innovation and Technology, Innovation and Technology Bureau, HKSAR Government
- The Hon. Tony Tse Wai-chuen, BBS, JP, Member, Legislative Council (Architectural, Surveying, Planning & Landscape), HKSAR Government
- Sr Augustine Wong Ho-ming, JP, Executive Director and General Manager of the Property Development Department, Henderson Land Development Company Limited
- Dr Alex Wong Siu-wah, Chairman and CEO, King’s Flair International (Holdings) Limited
- Ms Mary Yu Wah, Founder, Mary Yu Design
To view the profile of the award winners and learn about their remarkable achievements, please click here.
You Might Also Like
Six PolyU researchers ranked in the Top 200 in optometry
Six scholars from the School of Optometry have been ranked in the Top 200 in optometry research globally as revealed in a recently launched ranking system. They are: Prof Pauline Cho, Professor; Prof Maurice Yap, Chair Professor of Optometry and...
PolyU in the News
PolyU advances smart cities research and development
Over the past decade, the Government has been striving to build Hong Kong into a world-class smart city by utilising innovative technologies such as AI and big data, and has set out a “Smart City Blueprint for Hong Kong 2.0” under six smart...
Research & Knowledge Transfer
PolyU-DRRC Novel Material Science and Technology Innovation Centre opens in Guangzhou
An inauguration ceremony for the PolyU-DRRC Novel Material Science and Technology Innovation Centre was held in Guangzhou in March. The Centre is a partnership effort between PolyU’s Institute of Textiles and Clothing (ITC) and the Dehaa Rossun...