Outstanding Research Postgraduate Alumni Award
The year 2022 marks the 85th Anniversary of PolyU. The Graduate School (GS) will organise the PolyU Graduate School Outstanding Research Postgraduate (RPg) Alumni Award to publicly recognise our distinguished PhD/ MPhil alumni’s distinctive accomplishments and impactful contributions to the professions, research and entrepreneurship.
There are two categories of awards.
- Outstanding Research Postgraduate Alumni Award to honour the distinguished alumni who have graduated over ten years
- Outstanding Early Career Research Postgraduate Alumni Award to recognise those exemplary graduates who received a research postgraduate degree from PolyU within the past ten years.
A panel of judges, comprising both internal and external members, will be formed by Graduate School to examine the nominations and assess candidates’ qualifications and performance for the awards. The selection criteria include:
- Accomplishments, recognition and reputation in the profession/ industry/ community
- Scholarly and research achievements and impact
- Innovation and development of the business or technology venture
Eligible Candidates and Proposers
- The candidate must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed a full-time or part-time research postgraduate programme (PhD/ MPhil) offered by PolyU (or its forerunner Hong Kong Polytechnic) which led to an academic award accredited by the respective Institution.
- The proposers can be PolyU graduates, Honorary Graduates, University Fellows, PolyU staff, current PolyU Council and Court members and current Advisory Committee members. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/ herself or a direct relative of the candidate.
Nominations to University Award
All RPg awardees of the current year may be further nominated by GS to the Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award (OPAA), an overall selection of candidates among all other PolyU Faculties and Schools, except those who have been awarded OPAA before.
Details about the Award assessment details can be found here.
Submission of Nomination
A recent passport photo of the candidate
- A photocopy of the candidate’s certificate(s) and award(s)
- A portfolio or other supplementary documents that indicate the candidate’s accomplishments/ reputation in the profession/ industry, or research achievements and impact, or entrepreneurship/ technology venture, in written format