Q1. I can’t login to UDS. Why?
A1. Please follow the steps below for proper UDS login:
- Ensure a good and stable network connection
- Close all web browsers and unused programs
- Access the UDS platform by Google Chrome: https://puuds.polyu.edu.hk/uds/page/login
- Note: If you are connected overseas, please enable VPN connection first: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/its/faq/index_detail.php?id=62
- Enter your login credentials
- PolyU students attending IC training: Please use your PolyU email account <PolyU NetID>@connect.polyu.hk as username (e.g. 12345678D@connect.polyu.hk) and then enter your password
- Non-PolyU students attending IC training: You will receive details of your PolyU account before class commencement. Please use your PolyU account <PolyU NetID>@polyu.edu.hk as username (e.g. email@example.com) and then enter your password
- Select the correct room icon as advised by the instructor after successful login
If you still encounter difficulties, please inform your instructor and provide your Student ID for further investigation.
Q2. Why can’t I find the room icon in the platform after successful login?
A2. The room icon will only be shown 30 minutes before the online class starts.
Q3. Can I access multiple IC computers using different devices at the same time?
A3. Due to limited resources, one student account can only access one IC computer in the UDS platform.
Q4. I need to use CAD software (e.g. Solidworks) for my assignments. Can I download the software to my own PC via UDS?
Q4. UDS is a software platform which allows students to remotely access IC computers for learning purposes. It is not related to software downloading and we do not offer such service to students also.
Q5. I have saved my work in P drive during class. How can I access it at home?
A5. Please login to Virtual Student Computer Centre (vSCC) to access P drive when you are outside PolyU network: https://vdesk.polyu.edu.hk/access
- Enter your login credentials. Please use your PolyU Net ID as username (e.g. 12345678D) and then enter your password
- Select the “vDesk-IC-LAB” icon after successful login to trigger automatic download of an execution file
- Open the execution file and click “Connect”
- Enter your login credentials again and you will be connect to an virtual desktop. Please use your PolyU Net ID as username (e.g. 12345678D) and then enter your password
- Open “File Explorer” > “This PC” > “PolyU Home Drive (P:)”
Please note that P drive is only available for PolyU students. For details, please refer to the vSCC homepage: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/its/orientation/NewStudent/vscc.php
Q6. Can I access to IC computer after class?
A6. You can only access IC computer remotely via UDS platform during class. Since our computers are mainly for teaching and learning purposes at the scheduled class hours, otherusages after class will reduce the number of available computers and affect other students attending the next class.