Led by Dr Lam Tai-fai, PolyU Council Chairman and Chair of the Advisory Committee of the Research Centre for Chinese History and Culture (RCCHC), Prof. Li Ping, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Prof. Han Xiaorong, Head of the Department of Chinese Culture visited the Institute of Humanities (思想文化硏究所), the School of Humanities (人文學院), and the Rixin College (日新學院) of Tsinghua University from 12 to 14 April 2023. The delegation also met with leaders of the Tsinghua University including Prof. Wang Zhongchen (Dean of the Rixin College), Prof. Ni Yuping (Associate Dean of the School of Humanities), Prof. Zhong Weimin (Director of the Institute of Humanities, Head of the Department of History), Dr Gu Tao (Associate Dean of Rixin College), Prof. A Feng (Branch Secretary of the Department of History), and Prof. Huang Zhenping (Associate Head of the Department of History).
Members from the two Universities discussed potential academic and research collaborations to promote relations and mutual understanding via:
• exchange of academic staff and research students
• joint summer camp for undergraduate students
• collaboration in developing themed international conferences and symposia
• collaboration in joint research and the publications arising from joint research projects
• collaboration in providing strategic vision and guidance to the editing of Chinese history textbooks
PolyU and Tsinghua University signed an MoU on 17 January 2023 to confirm their intention to collaborate in research, talent development and knowledge transfer in the areas of humanities and the modern history of China.