- To be a world leader in the study of humanities that features the convergence of language, communication, culture, and technology.
- To offer high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in applied language sciences so as to nurture critical thinkers, effective communicators, problem solvers, and socially responsible global citizens in a holistic education;
- To offer high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that equip students with an in-depth understanding of humanities studies of language, culture, history, art, and philosophy of China and the world;
- To offer minor programmes in a wide range of foci of humanities studies in order to facilitate students’ better understanding of what makes us human culturally speaking, as well as the critical issues faced by our generation;
- To offer language subjects and language training to undergraduate and postgraduate students that enhances their communicative competence and critical thinking for a variety of professional and social contexts, and their ability to apply their knowledge in multilingual and multicultural societies;
- To pursue cutting-edge research in the language and culture foci of our programmes and to advance knowledge with high societal impacts especially in the context of expanding digital applications in society; and
- To actively seek opportunities to engage in knowledge transfer and to provide professional and research-based consultancy services to Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area, and the society at large.