Entrance Year Sept 2022
Programme Code 02017
Mode of Study Full-time
Normal Duration 1 year
Credits Required for Graduation 42
Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2022
Non-Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2022
Programme Director Deputy Programme Director
Dr Andy CHUI
BSSc, MPhil, PhD
Dr Boyoun Grace CHAE
BBA, MSc, PhD
Deputy Programme Director
- This programme is offered within the Master of Business and Management Scheme.
- Duration of Study: Students who wish to extend their studies beyond the normal duration can submit such a request to the Research and Postgraduate Studies Section of the Faculty of Business for consideration.
Aims and Characteristics
- Candidates with no or little work experience are welcome to apply
- Students are able to complete a full time master's programme in ONE year
- "International Experience"
- Comprehensive coverage of all basic business disciplines
- Emphasis on soft skills including design thinking and creativity
- Merit-based scholarships for international, local and mainland students
- Content highlighting applications and implications of the latest technologies
This programme aims to help students acquire practical knowledge of management and seek practical solutions in a global and dynamic business environment. It enables students to make effective contribution to their organizations.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the Programme, students will be able to develop their knowledge, skills and intellectual abilities as defined in the broad learning outcomes which are underpinned by the specific learning objectives below:
Application of Concepts
Learning Objective 1a: Apply conceptual frameworks to the resolution of business issues, including those concerning the scope and direction of the organisation.
Learning Objective 1b: Demonstrate an understanding on the applications and implications of the latest technologies to practices and decisions in business issues.
Critical, Creative and Design Thinking
Learning Objective: Demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively within the domain of general management’s responsibilities, and to apply methods associated with Design Thinking.
Learning Objective: Present reasoned arguments effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Self Knowledge and Reflection
Learning Objective: Illustrate the ability and self-knowledge required to prepare themselves for new settings and reflect effectively on their performance in those settings.
Learning Objective: Demonstrate a global outlook and an understanding of cultural diversity, as evidenced by an understanding of globalisation, the dimensions along which cultures vary and the implications of both for business.
Learning Objective: Identify and resolve ethical issues as they arise in the context of general management and corporate social responsibility.
Technological Element in the Curriculum
To help students embrace technological changes and digital transformation, five elements, namely Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Data Science, and Entrepreneurship, have been embedded across a wide range of subjects.
Our curriculum is aimed at fostering awareness about the impact of technology innovations in addition to enabling students to handle data and adopt technology to tackle business and organizational issues while enhancing management and leadership.