Dr. Bruce Li graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Quantity Surveying. He obtained the Master degree in Professional Accounting from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and completed his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) at the University of Newcastle. Dr. Li has over twenties years’ experience in accounting profession and academia. Prior to joining the School of Accounting and Finance of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, he worked in the listed companies and group companies and also served as part-time lecturer in various Universities in Hong Kong. Currently, he is the board advisor, committee member and examiner of different professional bodies.
Dr. Li’s passion is in learning and teaching. He is keen to stay abreast of new knowledge, theories, developments and research in his own fields in order to transmit them to his students. He derives great joy from seeing his students grow and learn.
Dr. Li is a Fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries. Having worked in listed companies and group companies, his multinational experience serves to enrich the quality of his teaching and establish an effective learning environment for students to interact with.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying, Hong Kong Polytechnic
- Master of Professional Accounting, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Doctor of Business Administration, The University of Newcastle
- Registered Teacher
- Professional Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management
- Fellow of The Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants
- Fellow of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Fellow Member of Corporate Governance Professional
- Fellow Member of Chartered Secretary
- Chartered Secretary with Practitioner's Endorsement
- Chartered Arbitrator and Mediator
- Certified Professional Internal Auditor
- Fellow Member of Society of Registered Financial Planners