The Professional Mentoring Programme (PMP) is a coaching and counseling programme organized by the School of Accounting and Finance for accounting and finance undergraduate students who will proceed to their final year of study in next year. It is designed to embrace the building up of a mentor-protégé relationship between students and individual working professionals and industry leaders. Its goal is to enhance the future professional and career development of students under the guidance and advice of their mentors.
PMP is recognized as one of the School’s many co-curricular activities. The specific objectives of the Programme are:
- To facilitate the educational, social and personal growth of mentees;
- To develop mentees’ fullest potential, vision and aspirations for the future;
- To enhance mentees’ future professional and career development;
- To help groom mentees to become preferred graduates; and
- To empower mentees to face challenges in society.
The mentor-mentee meetings provide opportunities for the mentors to share their working experience and visions in career and professional development with their mentees. It is hoped that through this mentoring programme, the mentees will widen their horizon and be more prepared to work in the real world before graduation.