PolyU’s “waste-to-low carbon construction materials” technologies featured in media
Prof. Poon Chi-sun, Director of the Research Centre for Resources Engineering towards Carbon Neutrality (RCRE), and Dr Zhang Shipeng, Member of RCRE, in a media interview with the Economic Digest, introduced the advanced technologies developed by the team. Featured technologies include:
- Solid waste recycling technology, which converts gaseous and solid waste from the construction industry into products, helping to achieve carbon neutrality
- High-performance supplementary cementitious material, which effectively improves the strength of concrete materials
- Carbon dioxide curing technology, which improves the maintenance of modules assembled using the Modular Integrated Construction (MiC) method
- Fifth generation Eco-Blocks, a green construction material produced from construction and other waste materials
- High performance permeable paving materials
Economic Digest : https://polyu.me/4aA5jyG
To learn more from PAIR Research Impact Video Series: https://polyu.hk/XVmaO
You Might Also Like
Research & Knowledge Transfer
PolyU researchers develop nature-inspired advanced materials
Scientific researchers draw inspiration from nature’s brilliance as they seek to develop transformative solutions to unresolved challenges. PolyU Associate Vice President (Research and Innovation) Prof. Wang Zuankai and his team, have developed an...
Global aspirations flourish at PolyU
At PolyU, students are empowered with the knowledge, skills and values that will enable them to unleash their potential and make an impact in the world. Through world-class academics, state-of-the-art facilities and a wide array of opportunities, the...
Two PolyU scholars elected as HKAES Fellows
Congratulations to Prof. Wang Zuankai, Associate Vice President (Research and Innovation) and Prof. Yan Jinyue Jerry, Chair Professor of Energy and Buildings, on their election as 2023 Fellows of the Hong Kong Academy of Engineering Sciences (HKAES),...