Skip to main content Start main content

Students should submit an application for credit transfer upon your initial enrolment on the programme or before the end of the add/drop period of the first semester of your first year of study.

All credits transferred will be counted for satisfying the award requirements. Transferred credits are normally not counted for meeting the requirements of more than one degree.

Some programmes may accept applicants holding advanced qualification. If you have an advanced qualification relevant to the programme enrolled, you may be allowed to take fewer credits than the programme normally requires. However, when you apply for credit transfer, the credits that you are not required to study will also be counted towards the maximum number of transferred credits.

For students admitted to an Articulation Degree or Senior Year curriculum which is already a reduced curriculum, you will not be given credit transfer for any required GUR subjects, and you must complete at least 60 credits to be eligible for award.

Application Form for Subject Exemption/Credit Transfer is available at the Academic Registry Service Centre or to be downloaded at

You can also earn credits through studying at an exchange institution. Before you decide on which subjects to take at the exchange institution, you should seek provisional approval from your programme offering department on the study plan and the possibility for credit transfer for fulfilling the award requirement of your programme by completing Form AR41a. Upon successful completion of the exchange programme/activity, you need to submit a formal application for credit transfer by completing Form AR41c. Students who received transferred credits from an approved exchange programme can exceed the 50% limit of total credits transferred.

For details on credit transfer, you may refer to the Student Handbook at

Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.

You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here