- Develop students’ English language proficiency by producing a creative video in English
- Enhance students’ understanding of PolyU BBA programmes.
- Secondary 4 or 5 students of whole-day schools in Hong Kong (in 2022/23 academic year)
Students can participate either as individuals or as part of a team.Each team can have a maximum of 4 members. A student cannot join more than one team. There is no limit on the number of teams / students from one school.
If I could add or modify an element of the PolyU BBA programmes, it would be …
The element could be an activity, a subject, or any component of the PolyU BBA programmes.
- The video must illustrate the activity / subject suggested to be included in the PolyU BBA programmes.
- The video must be no more than 3 minutes long.
- The video content must be presented in English.
- Any royalty and license issues that may arise from the videos for online and offline use must be cleared before submitting the video entry.
- The video entry must not contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory or slanderous. It must not promote bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- The video entry must comply with YouTube’s Terms of Service.
- The judging panel for the competition will consist of representatives of the Faculty of Business.
- All entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Content and relevancy (40%)
- Creativity and originality (40%)
- Technical appeal (20%)
- The following awards will be presented:
- Champion: HK$8,000 and a certificate
- 1st Runner-up: HK$5,000 and a certificate
- 2nd Runner-up: HK$3,000 and a certificate
- Merit (5 awards): HK$1,000 and a certificate
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Winners will be invited to receive their awards in a prize presentation ceremony in late May. They will also meet representatives of the Faculty to discuss their ideal PolyU BBA programmes. Ideas, either in whole or in part, may be adopted to improve future programmes.
- Submitted videos may be showcased on Faculty of Business/PolyU’s website/social media channels.
- Winners will be given favourable consideration for admission to PolyU.
How to submit a video:
- Upload the video in .mp4 format onto Google Drive.
- Create a link for downloading.
- Complete this online submission form. Students must indicate the link for video download on the form.
Submission deadline: 21 July 2023, 18:00
Prize Presentation Ceremony: 11 August 2023