Two types of virtual private network (VPN) services are provided to the University community to access IT facilities on campus and on the cloud services provided by the University.
- Campus Remote Access Service
This VPN service facilitates staff, students who assist in departmental projects and other users to access the IT resources on the campus network from remote access in a secure way. There are four kinds of VPN:
- Staff VPN (for all PolyU staff)
- Restricted Access VPN (for staff, research assistants or vendors who need to perform server administration work on data centre)
- Research VPN (for students who help departments carry out researches and need to access departmental hosts)
- CPCE VPN (for CPCE users accessing CPCE services on PolyU campus)
- Cloud Express VPN Service
Cloud Express VPN service provides a higher-resilience multiple-entry secure VPN service for staff and students in Mainland to access cloud services provided by the University such as LEARN@PolyU, irrespective of the telecom carriers of the Internet service provider subscribed by the students.
Eligible service requestor
Access to the service
- Please request the service via IT HelpCentre at 27665900 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remote access to Business Administration System hosted at campus (Staff only)
- Application for RDP access to PolyU Computer Hosts via Staff VPN Service
- Application for Using Staff VPN Service for Departmental Guests
Training & resources
All user requests are classified as level 1 to 3 depending on their impact and urgency.
- Level 1 – User Request Resolution Time: 1 day
- Level 2 – User Request Resolution Time: 3 days
- Level 3 – User Request Resolution Time: 5 days