TRANSFORMING PHD TO TECHNOPRENEUR
GBA Startup Postdoc Programme (the Programme) aims at promoting and support research-based entrepreneurship in the GBA. Incorporating entrepreneurship courses, applied research and pre-incubation, the Programme is the first of its kind in Asia to nurture future technopreneurs for the leap. The Programme welcomes recent PhD graduates globally who are determined to turning their research outcomes into real-world impact through entrepreneurship during a period of 24-month or 36-month.
Leveraging on the local industry network of PolyU and its partners as well as the government sponsorship, a GBA Startup Postdoc candidate will enjoy a very competitive package of supports, including salary, government grants and start-up subsidies, access to research facilities as well as entrepreneurship training and dual academic and industrial mentorship, all to support the commercialisation of his/her research through a technology start-up in the GBA.
• Aged 35 or below
• Attained a PhD degree for no more than 3 years or PhD candidates who have submitted the PhD thesis and will attain a PhD degree within a year
*For more detail, please refer to the GBA Startup Postdoc Programme Handbook.
24-month or 36-month entrepreneurship development programme
Benefit & Support:
• Annual remuneration of RMB300,000 for two years
• Full statutory benefits including pension and medical insurance
• Rent allowance subsidised by Shenzhen government
• Dual academic and industrial Mentorship
• Free workspace for one year (PolyU InnoHub Hong Kong & Shenzhen)
• Entrepreneurship training
• One-stop coordinated service supported by IfE
• Connection to investor network and incubation programmes
• Government and university support opportunities
No. of Candidate Supported per Cohort:
Up to 20
GBA STARTUP POSTDOC SHARING
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Please apply through the online application form on or before the deadline. Late submission will not be accepted.
*Please refer to the Application Questions Preview and prepare the necessary materials and information before application.
**Please contact us if you can’t access to the online application form.
Online Briefing Session:
Date: 12 May 2021 (Wed)
Time: 1:00 – 2:00pm
Format: online via ZOOM
16 Jun 2021 (Wed) 1:00pm
|Online Briefing Session||12 May 2021 (Wed) 1:00pm – 2:00pm|
|Application Deadline||16 June 2021 (Wed) 1:00pm|
|Initial Screening of Eligibility||Mid to Late June 2021|
|Semi-Final Presentation||Early July 2021|
|One-to-one Pitch Training & Lab Visit||Mid to late July 2021|
|Grand Finale Presentation||Early August 2021|
firstname.lastname@example.org ; (852) 3400 2708