On 13 December 2022, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) presented the “Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award 2022” to eight distinguished graduates at the award presentation ceremony and dinner held at Hotel ICON. Around 200 guests attended the event, including awardees and their families, proposers, senior management and staff members of PolyU, as well as dozens of past award recipients who dedicated their time to celebrate this great occasion together and offered all awardees their sincere congratulations.
Dr Lam Tai-fai, GBS, JP, Council Chairman of PolyU and Chairman of the Award Selection Committee, and Prof. Jin-Guang Teng, JP, President of PolyU, presented the awards to the eight distinguished alumni. This year, achievement categories have been established to celebrate their considerable accomplishments in specific areas. Recognition is now also given to outstanding young alumni. Recipients of the Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award 2022, in alphabetical order of last name, are:
- Ir Dr Goman Ho Wai-ming, Arup Fellow and Director of Innovation, Arup (Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award in Professional Achievement);
- Mr Peter Lam Wing-chap, Principal Consultant, Business and Networking Consulting Department, Huawei Technologies Company Limited (Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award in Professional Achievement);
- Ir Ricky Lau Chun-kit, JP, Permanent Secretary for Development (Works), HKSAR Government (Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award in Professional Achievement);
- Prof. Edman Tsang Shik-chi, Professor of Inorganic Chemistry and Director of Wolfson Catalysis Centre, University of Oxford (Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award in Scholarly Achievement).
Recipients of the Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award 2022, in alphabetical order of last name, are:
- Mr Bayern Chui Kin-pong, Partner, KPMG China (Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award in Professional Achievement);
- Mr James O Hing-pong, Co-Founder and Head of Marketing and Advertising, GoGoX (Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award in Entrepreneurial Achievement);
- Dr Gilman Siu Kit-hang, Associate Professor, Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award in Scholarly Achievement);
- Dr Bruce Wang Lei, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, EcoFlow Inc. (Outstanding PolyU Young Alumni Award in Entrepreneurial Achievement)
In his welcoming address, Prof. Jin-Guang Teng expressed delight in seeing all guests on this memorable occasion. He commended the awardees on their significant achievements as well as their contributions to the alma mater and society. He was also grateful to the Selection Committee, Faculties and Schools for making the event a success. Taking this unique opportunity, the award recipients gave heartfelt thanks to their proposers, the Selection Committee and PolyU, as well as their families and friends who have been rendering them tremendous support. While Dr Wang was not able to attend the ceremony, he had prepared a video in advance to deliver his acceptance remarks.
The Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award aims to give recognition to distinguished graduates of PolyU and its forerunners. Since its launch in 1996, 100 graduates have been honoured for great distinction in their chosen fields, active support to their alma mater, as well as impactful contributions to the wider community. They are fitting testament to PolyU’s accomplishments in nurturing leaders for Hong Kong, the Nation and the world.
Please click here to view the event photos.