Fitness Training Course
Using equipment in Fitness Room to do exercise regularly is a great way to improve cardiorespiratory health and build muscle. Before you start, join the two hours “Fitness Training Course” to learn the basic concept of physical fitness, as well as the correct and safe ways to use the equipment inside the Fitness Room.
In view of the situation of COVID-19, the size of the class has been lower to reduce the risk of possible spread of the virus. All students will be required to wear a mask in class at all times. Please also note that there will be no stand-by arrangement until further notice.
Click HERE to view the available courses (coming soon)
Registration is open from 21 September 2020 on a first-come-first-served basis.
Click HERE to register (coming soon)
- The course is open to people aged 15 or above.
- The maximum class size is 20. (The class size has been lower to reduce the risk of posible spread of the virus.)
- Students will be required to wear a mask in class at all times.
- Students may drop a registered course via the registration system during the registration period.
- Registered students must attend the course on time and in proper sportswear, otherwise their place will be released and taken up by stand-by students after 15 minutes of the class starts.
- Stand-by : Students should put on proper sportswear and sports shoes, and stand-by at the Fitness Room before the class commences. They will be admitted if there is any vacancy left. (In view of the situation of COVID-19, there will be no stand-by arrangement until further notice.)
- Students should put on proper sportswear and sports shoes when attending the class.
- Attendance will be taken within the first 15 minutes of class starts.
- Students who have successfully completed the course will be registered automatically as eligible users of PolyU Fitness Room.
- Upon completion of Fitness Training Course, students can apply for a certificate of attendance at the service counter of Shaw Sports Complex and make use of this certificate to register as users of the fitness rooms operated by Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD).
- If a class has to be cancelled due to inclement weather or venue maintenance, etc., our office will notify the students of the subsequent arrangement via email.
- Students should take note of their own health condition and consider whether it is suitable for them to register in various sports activity. In case of doubt, please consult a physician prior to registration.
- All students must assess their medical history by reviewing the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) prior to participation in sports skill training. This questionnaire is applicable for people between the ages of 15 to 69, and will tell you if you should check with your physician before you significantly change you physical activity patterns.
- Complete the PAR-Q when enrolling the fitness training courses in the registration system.