Fitness Training Course
Fitness Training Course (FTC) is a two-hour elementary level course for you to learn the basic principles of exercise and the proper use of the equipment inside the fitness room.
Registration is open from 24 August 2021 at 9.00 am on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Students should have either been fully vaccinated or undergone weekly COVID-19 screening testing.
- All courses are free of charge and on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The course is open to people aged 15 or above.
- Students are limited to register for one course. Duplicated applications will be disqualified.
- Registered students must attend the course on time and in proper sportswear, otherwise their place will be released and taken up by stand-by students after five minutes of the class starts.
- Stand-by : Students should put on proper sportswear and sports shoes, and stand-by at the Fitness Room X123 before the class commences. They will be admitted if there is any vacancy left.
- Attendance will be taken within the first five minutes of class starts.
- Students should put on proper sportswear and sports shoes when attending the class.
- Students will be required to wear a mask in class at all times.
- Participants should be aware of their health condition, and avoid taking the class when feeling unwell or showing symptoms of infectious diseases like fever, respiratory tract symptoms (e.g. cough, running nose, sore throat), conjunctivitis, skin rashes, skin damage etc.
- Students who have successfully completed the course will be registered automatically as eligible users of the PolyU Fitness Room.
- Upon completion of Fitness Training Course, students can apply for a certificate of attendance at the service counter of Shaw Sports Complex and make use of this certificate to register as users of the fitness rooms operated by Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD).
- If a class has to be cancelled due to inclement weather or venue maintenance, etc., our office will notify the students of the subsequent arrangement via email.
- Students should take note of their own health condition and consider whether it is suitable for them to register in various sports activity. In case of doubt, please consult a physician prior to registration.
- All students must assess their medical history by reviewing the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) prior to participation in sports skill training. This questionnaire is applicable for people between the ages of 15 to 69, and will tell you if you should check with your physician before you significantly change you physical activity patterns.
- For participants aged under 18, the PAR-Q should be signed by their Parents/Guardians.