Introduction of LES
The Learning Enhancement Series (LES) includes workshops and consultation sessions to enhance the intellectual and comprehensive development of students in order to achieve their academic success. Specific objectives include:
- to provide learning and psychological support to students who are having learning difficulties or in need of academic advancement.
- to address students’ needs, enhance their self-confidence, cultivate positive attitudes and develop effective study skills so as to increase their chance for academic success.
LES welcomes all students, particularly those who:
- are interested to learn relevant skills for university study
- are motivated to improve their learning attitude and academic performances
- display learning needs
LES includes the following activities, students are required to:
- take the LASSI test
- meet with Academic Advising Officer to interpret LASSI results, identify and discuss learning issues, and discuss study skills and study plan
- join workshops on learning and study skills
While all students are welcome to join the workshops, those who have completed all the above activities will receive a Certificate of Completion and a souvenir.