Date: 27 Jun 2023 (Tue)
Time: 14:30 - 17:00
Venue: Online via MS Teams & On-site at M403
Target Audience: All Students
Medium of Instruction: English
- Basic R programming skill
- Interested in using machine learning techniques to predict English Premier League results, which is the world's most popular football league.
- Real life example of making use of various ML (Machine Learning) techniques, such as Naive Bayes classifier, classification tree algorithm, Random Forest and Generalized Boosted Models, for English Premier League predictions.
- Get hands-on experience with various steps for implementing Machine Learning
- Understanding the problem: is the English Premier League predictable?
- Data collection and preparation
- Training Machine Learning models by using valuable data
- Model testing and evaluation
- Performance improvement
- Making predictions
- Practical coursework throughout the workshop