Date: 16 Feb 2023 (Thu)
Time: 14:30 - 17:00
Venue: Online via MS Teams
Target Audience: All Students
Medium of Instruction: English
- Basic R programming skill
- Understand the steps to deploy SQLite database and MongoDB Atlas free cluster (MongoDB in the cloud).
- Get hands-on experience on using SQLite and MongoDB with RStudio by R packages RSQLite and mongolite.
- Understand how to perform SQL statements and MongoDB CRUD operations by R language.
- Relational database (SQL Database)
- Introduction to SQLite
- Create and establish a connection to the database and table
- Input data from external CSV files to table
- Query/ insert/ update/ delete records from the table by R language
- Non-relational database (NoSQL Database)
- Introduction to MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas free cluster
- Create and establish a connection to the database and connection
- MongoDB CRUD operations: create, read, update, and delete documents from the connection by R language
- Practical coursework throughout the workshop