Financial Subsidy Scheme for Service-Learning Subjects with Non-Local Service Projects
Academic Service-Learning is a graduation requirement for all full-time undergraduate students in PolyU. Credit-bearing service-learning (SL) subjects with non-local projects (hereafter: non-local SL subjects) require participating students to an outbound activities fee (OAF) to cover related expenses incurred, such as travelling and project cost. The University wishes that no student will be unable to participate in non-local SL because of money, and therefore has set up this scheme under the administration of the Service-Learning and Leadership Office (SLLO). Students enrolled in non-local SL subjects who have demonstrable financial difficulties in paying the OAF may apply for financial subsidies.
PolyU local students who are:
- Enrolled in a UGC-funded full-time programme leading to a PolyU award;
- Taking their first non-local service-learning subject;
- Receiving means or non-means-tested government grant, loan or assistance (i.e. the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS); Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA)).
Points to Note:
- The maximum amount of subsidy is the OAF charged by the non-local service-learning subject. Should the full amount of the OAF not be required, the refunded amount will be deducted from the subsidy.
- Applicants will be approved on a conditional basis, subject to successful completion of the non-local SL subject and the submission of a post-service report to SLLO.
- The subsidy will be disbursed to students within 4 months after successful completion of the service-learning subject and the submission of the post-service report.
- SLLO may contact you if further information is needed.
- Submit your application here (login via PolyU email account “firstname.lastname@example.org” is required) by the deadline stated below:
Semester One Semester Two Summer Term Submission Deadline: 27-October-2023 (Friday) 15-March-2024 (Friday) 7-June-2024 (Friday)
- Applicants will receive the notification of your application result by email within 2 months after the submission deadline.
- SLLO reserves the right not to accept late submission or application with insufficient information.
- SLLO has full discretion over the acceptance or rejection of an application and the amount of subsidy.
- For enquiries, please contact SLLO at 2766-4376 or email@example.com.
This scheme is funded by PolyU Community Service Fund and China Candlelight Educational Fund (中國燭光教育基金).