The mission of the Institutional Planning and Analytics Office (IPAO) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is to provide timely and accurate information and analyses to support senior management in their academic planning and decision making, including monitoring progress on achieving the Strategic Plan.
- Participate in university-wide planning processes including collection and analysis of data to support monitoring of progress of strategic plan and initiatives.
- Analyse trends and developments in the Higher Education sector in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Obtaining data to conduct institutional benchmarking studies and comparative studies.
- Working with units across the University, IPAO is responsible for coordinating the external reporting of institutional data to the University Grants Committee, in the form of a series of statistics that cover student, staff, research grants and finance known as the Common Data Collection Format (CDCF)
- Providing data for international ranking purposes. IPAO seeks to ensure that reported data conform to the definitions and regulations stipulated by the respective agencies. IPAO will also monitor and analyse ranking performances of the University.
- Working collaboratively with all units in the University and senior management to provide actionable business intelligence, employing best practices in predictive analytics to provide valuable and precise data for evidence-based decision making.