Host Family Scheme
To enrich the experience of nonlocal new students, the Non-local Student Services Team of the Student Affairs Office organises the Host Family Scheme for Non-local Students with support from the PolyU Staff Evangelistic Mission for Mainland Students and the IAA for international students.
Successful applicants for the Host Family Scheme are introduced to a PolyU staff member, alumnus, or professional recognised by PolyU and invited to join their families occasionally to experience family life, customs, ideas, and values in Hong Kong. The host families DO NOT provide accommodation to participants.
- To demonstrate care for nonlocal new students
- To organise opportunities for nonlocal students to adapt to PolyU and Hong Kong
- To introduce nonlocal students to the local culture
- To provide opportunities for nonlocal students to befriend a Hong Kong family
- To demonstrate mutuality and healthy cross-cultural exchange between host families and students