A number of web and mobile applications managed by different departments across the University and each of them may require different IDs and passwords for performing specific job functions. With PolyU Single-Sign-On (PolyU-SSO), users can simply access multiple applications and systems by using their NetID and NetPassword. After successful authentication with PolyU-SSO, user attributes (e.g. Name, Email, Department, etc.) can be automatically passed to applications to fulfil business requirements. This service improves users’ satisfaction and enhance productivity.
For department application owners, PolyU-SSO currently supports the following protocols for integration:
- Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) (https://www.oasis-open.org/standards#samlv2.0)
- OpenID Connect (http://openid.net/connect/)
- Rapid Connect (JWT-based)
Eligible service requestor
Access to the service
Training & resources
All user requests are classified as level 1 to 3 depending on their impact and urgency.
- Level 1 – User Request Resolution Time: 1 day
- Level 2 – User Request Resolution Time: 3 days
- Level 3 – User Request Resolution Time: 5 days