IP (Internet Protocol) telephony and eFax service facilitates departments to run daily operation and achieve office efficiency.
IP based telephone service, which is a composite of a wide range of communication services, is provided on campus and at off-campus offices for staff and student use. Features include:
- Standard call in/out, call forward, call routing, do-not-disturb, caller ID display, group hunting, call pick-up, boss-secretary function, etc.
- Support IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) and Call Centre service
- Voice message forwarding to Staff Email account
- Softphone installed on mobile device
The IP phone models of two brands, Cisco and Snom, are supported by our telephony system.
- Cisco IP phone models:
Cisco 6921, 6945, 7821, 7841, 7911, 7912, 7940, 7945, 7960, 7962 and 7965
- Snom IP phone models:
Snom D315, D375, D765 and D785
With eFax service, fax documents can be sent or received directly through staff email mailbox. Monthly eFax rental charge, office space, office outgoing like the purchase of fax machine, paper and toner can be minimized.
Eligible service requestor
Access to the service
Training & resources
[Phone model - Cisco]
[Phone model - Snom]
- Guide to change/reset the PIN to access Voice Mail
- Quick user guide - Snom
- Full user guide - Snom D315
- Full user guide - Snom D375
All user requests are classified as level 1 to 3 depending on their impact and urgency.
- Level 1 – User Request Resolution Time: 1 day
- Level 2 – User Request Resolution Time: 3 days
- Level 3 – User Request Resolution Time: 5 days