Date: 26 and 27 October 2023 (Thursday and Friday)
Time: 11:30 - 15:00 on 26 October 2023
11:00 - 14:30 on 27 October 2023
Venue: Shaw Sports Complex
The fitness challenge aims to help students to understand their physical fitness conditions. The assessment will take for about an hour. Students are encouraged to take the fitness challenge in sportswear and non-making sports shoes.
The assessment items for fitness performance include:
- Vertical Jump (Muscular Fitness – Power)
- Grip Strength (Muscular Fitness – Strength)
- Sit Up (Muscular Fitness – Endurance)
- 30-second Balance Test (Muscular Fitness – Balance)
- Wall Toss Test (Eye-hand Coordination and Reaction)
- Modified Back-saver Sit-and-Reach Test (Flexibility)
The data collected in the assessments will serve as a preliminary screening for health risks. With the assistance from a qualified fitness consultant, you can also use this report to develop an individual exercise plan to achieve specific fitness goals.