PolyU displayed the booth at Gerontech and Innovation Expo cum Summit 2021 (GIES) for a wide spectrum of stunning Elderly-Friendly technology showcases on 3-5 Dec 2021. PolyU’s Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Nursing and Jockey Club Design Institute for Social Innovation (JCDISI) had introduced various smartageing innovations to the industry and the community to address challenges of cognitive issues, rehabilitation, fall prevention and detection, residential care in the society.
We welcomed the visit of the senior management from Pok Oi Hospital and shared with them some newest technology development for those needed to adopt gerontechnology.
Part of the technology showcases:
· The feasibility and effects of virtual-reality motor cognitive training in community-dwelling older people with cognitive frailty
· A stand-alone Therapeutic Music-with-Movement Programme for elderly with cognitive impairment
· Innovation to enhance students’ understanding and empathy towards the needs of older people with cognitive problems
· Rehabilitation Sleeve - A wearable Functional Electrical Stimulation robotic system for arm rehabilitation after stroke
· Mobile Exo-neuro-musculo-skeleton - lightweight, portable robotic system for arm rehabilitation after stroke
· iBalanx: AI-based smart insole with instant reminder to improve balance and prevent falls
· Intelligent knee osteoarthritis prediction system
· Multiplayer Drum Video Game – Master of Drum
· Tung Zai – communicative robot
· GoActive.hk Platform
For more details, please visit: https://gies.hk/en
Please click here for the snap shot.